Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Reason for the Season

I have been thinking about the comments I hear about the reason for celebrating this season. Some say it is to celebrate winter equinox, some say it is all about Santa Claus, some say it is about the merchants to make money. And then there are those of us who believe it is all about Jesus Christ's birth. I believe this a good time to remember the One who came to save me from my sins. He was born for the purpose to pay for the sins of the world through His suffering, die on the cross, and then be resurrected so we might all be redeemed from death. That is my Reason for the Season. I hope if you don't agree with me that you won't mock me because I won't mock anyone else for their Reason for the Season. So I say to you all MERRY CHRISTMAS with an emphasis on Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment